I have a Grandmother's Bible that encourages me with daily readings and a prayer focus for those precious little ones. Recently the devotional reminded me to thank God for saints which He places in my life. "...being in their presence was like being bathed in the anointing oil of God. They turned your mind toward heavenly things. Their faith was astounding and practiced daily. Joy overflowed from them despite their circumstances. You wanted to be with them more because being with them made you want to be with God more."
Wow, wouldn't we all like that to be said of us. I thank God for those He sends to point us toward Him. May He use each of us as His saints to point those in our lives to Him.
I can truly say that very few people in my life have made me feel like I was bathed in the anointing oil of God while being in their presence. However, you my friend, are one of those people. Pam, you and Stan both have allowed yourselves to be empty vessels waiting to be filled by Him and then spilled over into the lives of those you are around. I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to be in your presence. Your children and grandchildren will be the ones who benefit from your faithfulness.
ReplyDeleteBless you my sweet friend. I miss your contagious laughter and sweet smile. My girls and I ALWAYS enjoyed being with you. What fun we'll have in Heaven...no time restraints on our time together. I can't wait!! Love you!
ReplyDelete