Sunday, February 7, 2016

SUPER BOWL 50

The Broncos play the Patriots in an about an hour in Super Bowl 50! I'm realizing that the phenomenon we know as the Super Bowl started after I was born. I can't remember a year without a Super Bowl. I see now that I survived my first seven years without the Big Game. Sunday afternoon and football were synonymous during my growing up years. I knew the names of all the Dallas Cowboys and many of the Redskins, Eagles, Rams, Dolphins, Jets…etc. We loved football. As the Cowboys empire continues to take a nosedive Stan and I watch less and less football. But, tonight we plan to watch and cheer for Payton Manning and the Broncos. (We'll record Downton Abbey!) Mother and Daddy went to spend the weekend with my brother, so it is just Stan and me. I decided to attempt some sort of "festive" food for the occasion. 

Bacon Wrapped Dates
Spicy Wings
Roasted Garlic and Brie with Homemade Baguettes
and whatever else we decide to throw in the mix (I already finished the sugar cookies I purchased in a very weak moment at the store.)

Right now the smell of the bacon and the garlic fills the kitchen. I am hoping Stan likes the dates…it's a new recipe for me. There is an opened bag of those really nasty Nacho Cheese Doritos that we can fall back on if all of this isn't enough. (I'm hoping that dog commercial for Doritos is the winner!) All in all it should be a night of good food, a good game and my favorite companion! Thanks for reading - enjoy the game!

If the dates pass the test I'll post the recipe! 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I made a big mistake…The Broncos already beat the Patriots…it the Panthers that I hope the Broncos beat!

    ReplyDelete